How to Live at Home for Longer
Seminar at Darley Neighbourhood House and Learning Centre
𝟕𝟔% 𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭.*
Is this you?
Join us for a face-to-face information session presented by Latrobe Community Health.
A free session for people over 65 providing information and advice to assist them to keep living at home well into the senior years.
This session will provide an information overview about:
• My Aged Care – what it is, how to register, and how to use it
• Commonwealth Home Support services – how to access them, the assessment and eligibility process, cost, and services available
• Home Care Packages – how to access them, the assessment process, wait times, cost, services available, and finding a provider
Find out more about Federal Government funded services which are highly subsidised and, in many cases, free for pensioners and part pensioners.
An example of items the Commonwealth Home Support Program and Home Care Packages may be able to assist with include:
• Lawns and Gardening
• Personal Care
• Home maintenance
• Window and Gutter cleaning
• Rails and modifications (ramps etc)
• House cleaning
• Mobility aids
• Social inclusion
• Pharmacy items
*Productivity Commission Research Paper, Commonwealth of Australia 2015