Thu 20th Jul 2023, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm AEST
35 Jonathan Dr, Darley VIC 3340,
Our Guest presenter, Dale from Boucher Consultancy, is a qualified house assessor under the State Government’s Scorecard program and has assessed hundreds of houses in the region.
Dale will give an insight on the common issues with local housing stock, and a range of DIY steps householders can undertake to make their homes more comfortable in both summer and winter and reduce energy costs.
Areas covered will include:
- draught proofing – where the drafts come from and how to seal them up
- insulation (ceiling, walls and underfloor)
- window glazing and high performing interior window coverings
- transitioning to all-electric homes
- efficient heating and cooling systems
- efficient hot water systems and rebates available
- solar PV systems and current rebates available
- financial viability of batteries
Places are limited – bookings are essential
This project is supported by the Circular Economy Communities Fund. The Fund is delivered by Sustainability Victoria under the Victorian Government’s circular economy plan, Recycling Victoria: a new economy.